Winter has well and truly made its presence known and it’s time to get creative behind drawn curtains; so here’s a quick, fun code challenge for you developers:
* Write a script in PHP to generate desktop wallpaper *
Prize: A ticket to Codeworks’ Christmas event, The PUD, in Newcastle on 9th December.
NB: The prize is North-East based, but anyone may enter for kudos! No cash alternative, etc.
Deadline: All entries to be received by noon on 7th December.
Code harness (your script must use this): here.
(There’s an example submission in there- make sure you comment better than I have )
1. Code must be your own work.
2. Your code will remain your property.
3. Code may be republished by creativenucleus, successors and partners without limitation ( withstanding).
4. No external files (fonts/graphics/URL loading, etc…)
5. This challenge is neither sponsored nor organised by Codeworks.
6. creativenucleus’ decision is final.
7. Be creative!
Scoring – Total 100 points, broken down as:
- ??/40 points: Final Effect – How lovely/impressive is yout wallpaper image?
- ??/30 points: Configuration – How powerful are the $user_config options you’ve provided?
- ??/20 points: Parsimony – How tight/beautiful/sweetly documented is the source code?
- ??/10 points: Submission speed – How soon did you submit your entry?
Submit your wallpaper.inc.php file to firstname.lastname@example.org – the sooner you do so, the more submission points you’ll earn!